Please watch this video.
A Popular Disparager
I find this video cynically disrespectful. This guy is up his high horse looking down at something he knows nothing about.
There are people who cover themselves with Tattoos that were seared into their flesh, and piercings that were punctured through their tongues, nipples, clitoris, eyebrows, etc. But they’re just “expressing individuality”
1. The people who claimed they were self-harmers, and say that you inspired them to change is questionable. Either they were lying about being cutters, or they were doing it as a trend.
2. Some people who cut are homeless, some are terminally ill and suffer on a daily basis. You do not know a person’s circumstances, nor do you know their reasons for harming themselves. So for you to sit atop your high horse and pass such presumptuous judgment on people who’s shoes you do not walk in, is preposterous.
3. There are teenagers who harm themselves for frivolous reasons of uncertainty, but there are also people who have more relevant and more humble reasons for what they do. Who are you or any of the cynics commenting w/disparages to cutters, to judge? There are people in this world who do things that are pointless and strange, and with all the different things that people do I can’t say that it’s fair for you to cast aspersions.
4. I am a person who has cut myself and based on your disparaging remarks towards “cutters” I gather that you’re offended by people like me. Please remember that you do not know what a person’s reason are, if you are not living their life. So you needn’t pass judgment on something you’re not experiencing yourself.
5. I know that cynicism and apathy have become the embracement of society these days, but humility has no room for either of the two. There are people who hurt others and don’t have this much aspersion cast upon them.
6. People tend to criticize and lambast those whom they disagree with, or those who they do not understand. But it’s not necessary. If you disagree with people who cut themselves, and don’t know why they do: just let them be. You’re not holier than they are.a
7. The “Man” in this video was presumptuous, disparaging, arrogant, mean-spirited, insensitive, insinuative, immature, and judgmental. And in his own pompous way he thought he was being helpful or productive.
It was like a “Body Shamer” thinking he was inspiring people to lose weight by offending the into change. The only thing worse than a mean person is someone who feels their malevolence is justifiable. The worst thing about this guy is that he has Millions of viewers and a Blue Check on his social media accounts. Society loves hate and it loves cynacism.
This guy is a truly negative person who makes videos mocking and disparaging people who are different from himself. What disgusts me the most is how popular people like this are. Cynicism and apathy have definitely become the new drug. I call guys like this video host “stoner” because they are casting stones on others in the form of pompous aspersions.